HILLMOUNT HAS ARRIVED IN BANGOR – Prepare to be amazed!
Hillmount Garden Centre has now opened on Bangor’s Belfast Road. The former furniture showroom has been completely transformed to provide a stunning gift department, fabulous cafe/restaurant, downstairs all weather plant area, garden furniture, tools and gardening equipment and BBQ showroom.
Hillmount’s original store in Castlereagh has been lovingly nurtured by the Mercer family since 1940 and they have created a unique store for Bangor where you can spend the day browsing their exquisite gifts, Christmas trees and decorations in abundance, garden and cane furniture, plants, tools BBQs and then enjoy breakfast, morning coffee, full lunch or afternoon tea in their café restaurant – The Gardener’s Rest.
Staff from the local area will assist you with any gift ideas you may need, provide you with expert gardening advice and prepare mouthwatering meals for your enjoyment.
Hillmount is open Mon to Sat 9.00 am to 6.00 pm and Sunday 1 pm to 5 pm
Hillmount Bangor 116 Belfast Road Bangor BT20 3NN
Congratulations to all students and staff members who participated in the 2013 Garden Show Ireland Schools Competition.
We would also like to thank Hillmount Garden Centre for kindly sponsoring us and providing us with advice and help over the years at the Garden Show Ireland.
We successfully won the “Best Overall Garden”
After thorough planning and research we are extremely proud to present our interpretation of
“A Musical Garden.”
- Inspect -
Hose and regulators, we recommend changing your hose and regulator every 5 years.
- Check -
Burner Tubes for blockages, which will reduce heat output.
3. Oil – Cast Iron Cooking Grates then heat, this will improve the life of them.
4. Burn Off -Flavorizer Bars and Cooking Grates by heating your grill for approximately 10 – 15 minutes then use a good bbq brush to remove the residue.
- Don’t – Wash cooking grates etc in a dishwasher as the heavy residue will block the filters.
- Wash – down the outside of your bbq with mild detergent and water to remove any build – up then use a good bbq cleaner.
7. Polish - Stainless Steel with a Stainless Steel Cleaner then use a Stainless Steel Oil Protector to really make it shine.
9. Don’t - Forget to empty the drip tray under the bbq.
Charcoal – check that charcoal stored over the winter hasn’t got damp.
Gas – is your bottle full or does it need replacing.
For 50/50 dough;
300g, strong white bread flour
300g, Typo00 flour or plain white flour
(if you cannot find the Typo00 flour)
1 sachet of instant dried yeast
3 tablespoons, extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons, caster sugar
2 tablespoons, salt
375ml, warm water
For Tomato Sauce;
Tinned tomato, chopped
2 tbsp sugar
Salt & pepper
100g wet (buffalo) mozzarella
1. Place all of the flour in a large mixing bowl. Add the yeast sachet, salt and sugar. Then add the
warm water and mix with a wooden spoon until all combined. Knead for 7 minutes adding extra
typo00 flour if the dough is too sticky. Allow to rise in a warm room for 1 hour or at least double in
size. The dough is then ready to use.
2. Mix together the chopped tomatoes, salt, pepper, oregano and sugar.
3. Grill the artichokes on a medium direct heat until sufficiently chargrilled and set aside.
4. Split dough mixture in half. Roll out a thin 12 inch base. Thinly spread tomato base over the
dough and arrange the rest of the topping ingredients on top.
5. Place the pizza onto a floured pizza tray and then place on top of a pre-heated pizza stone. Cook
for 10 minutes, or until the pizza base is light and crispy.
Cook Mega Mallows slowly and carefully. If you put them too close to the heat they burn. Then simply serve in choc digestive biscuits. Brilliant fun and very messy.
Grilled Banana S’mores
|1||cup graham cracker crumbs|
|4||tablespoons unsalted butter, melted|
|1||large egg yolk|
|1||tablespoon unsalted butter, melted|
|1||teaspoon packed brown sugar|
|2||medium bananas, firm but ripe|
|4||cups mini marshmallows|
|1/2||cup semisweet chocolate chips|
- Prepare the grill for indirect and direct cooking over medium heat (about 400°F).
- In a large bowl combine the crust ingredients and mix well. Firmly and evenly press the mixture into the bottom of an 8-by-8-inch baking pan. Grill the crust over indirect medium heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until firm, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove the crust from the grill and set aside to cool for about 10 minutes. This will allow the crust to set.
- In a small bowl combine the butter and brown sugar. Cut each banana in half lengthwise and leave the skins attached (they will help the bananas hold their shape on the grill). Liberally brush the cut side of the bananas with the butter mixture.
- Grill the bananas, cut side down, over direct medium heat, with the lid open, until they start to soften, 2 to 4 minutes, without turning. Let cool briefly and then score the bananas into 1/2-inch slices, cutting through just to the peel.
- Fill the baking pan with 2 cups of the marshmallows, making sure they cover the bottom of the crust evenly. Next, scoop out and distribute the slices of grilled banana, followed by the remaining 2 cups of marshmallows.
- Grill the pie over indirect medium heat, with the lid closed, keeping the temperature of the grill as close to 400°F as possible, until the marshmallows have puffed up and started to brown, 5 to 7 minutes. At this point carefully sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top and continue cooking until the chips appear glossy and melted, about 2 minutes. Remove the pie from the grill and let cool for about 5 minutes. Spoon into small serving bowls and serve warm.
Smoked Pineapple & Blueberries
1 medium pineapple, skin removed and cut into 1 cm chunks
Weber smoking papers, cedar
Soak the wood papers for at least 20 minutes.
Please the pineapple and blueberries into the centre of the cedar paper. Drizzle with honey. Secure with string or a wooden skewer.
Place over a medium, indirect heat for 10 minutes.
Serve in the cedar paper.
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cook time – 10 minutes
Skill level – 1
Medium, indirect heat
Nachos In The Weber Poultry Roaster